Thank you for considering Govin B.V. (“Govin”) as your next employer. When you decide to apply for a position at Govin, you will be asked to provide certain (personal) details about yourself. In this Recruitment Policy, we describe how we use such information and inform you about your privacy rights.
Our recruitment policy may be amended unilaterally. We therefore recommend you to review this policy from time to time. The last update was on 13 November 2023.
2. Which personal data do we process?
When you are applying for a job, we collect the following information:
2.1 Information provided by applicant
We collect personal data when you submit a job application via our website or otherwise. This includes:
- Personal details (e.g. full name, prefix, title, gender and age);
- Contact details (e.g. e-mail address, phone number and postal address);
- Professional details (e.g. work experience and education history);
- Other information that is included in your application (e.g. other details that are included in your resume such as marital status, photo(s), nationality and cover letter);
- Other information that is obtained during the selection procedure (e.g. information obtained during job interviews and employment terms); and
- Personal data that is publicly available on LinkedIn.
2.2 Information from other sources
We may also collect personal data from other parties. For example from references, assessment agencies and/or recruitment agencies. If this is the case, we will inform you and – if necessary – request your approval upfront.
2.3 Information that we collect automatically
We automatically collect information about you and your device(s) during your visit on our website. This includes:
- Identifiers (e.g. your IP address);
- Data related to your device (e.g. operating system and browser type);
- Data related to your visit (e.g. usage details, e.g. time spent and pages visited); and
- Geolocation (e.g. approximate geographical location based on your IP address).
3. Why do we process personal data?
We use the personal data to process your application at Govin (i.e. recruitment and selection). We furthermore process the personal data to verify the provided information, review your skills (in case of an assessment) and to approach (with your permission) references.
We also process personal data to improve our website (e.g. understanding the use of recruitment website to improve the application procedure) and to comply with legal and/or statutory obligations (if any).
4. What is the legal basis for processing?
The actual legal basis for processing depends on the personal data concerned, the context in which we collect that personal data and includes:
- the performance of a contract;
- our legitimate interests;
- legal obligations; and
- your consent.
If personal data has been processed with your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data prior to the withdrawal nor the processing of personal data based on other lawful processing grounds.
5. To whom do we share your personal data?
We do not provide your personal data to others, unless this is necessary for the purposes as mentioned in this Recruitment Policy, if the law requires us to do so or if you have provided your consent. Third parties to whom personal data is made available should handle your personal data with due care and keep it confidential. If third parties qualify as a so-called ‘data processor’, we will enter into a data processing agreement with these parties.
We may share your personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- We may share personal data with our affiliates (e.g. subsidiaries or other entities within the Govin corporate structure);
- Service providers. We may share personal data with parties that provide services to us. We may for example engage a software provider that supports us handling your application;
- Parties in connection with corporate transactions. We may share information with our advisors and/or other third parties in case we or our assets are involved in a (potential) business transaction (e.g. merger, acquisition or otherwise);
- Law enforcement. We may be required to share personal data by law, court order or to third parties with legal rights. We will take reasonable efforts to inform you before we disclose such information, unless prior notice is prohibited by law or not possible given the circumstances at hand; and
- Disclosures with your consent.
Please note that Govin may transfer personal data to recipients in a country outside the European Economic Area. We implement safeguards if personal data is transferred to a jurisdiction that does not have an adequate level of data protection (as determined by the European Commission), for example by adopting the so-called “Standard Contractual Clauses” (as approved by the European Commission).
6. How do we protect your personal data?
We take security seriously. We have therefore taken various technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data. We refer to our Security page.
7. How long do we retain personal data?
We do not retain your personal data in an identifiable form for longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes as mentioned in this Recruitment Policy.
If you are hired by Govin, we will transfer the collected personal data to your employment records. If you have not been hired, we will retain your personal data up to four weeks after the end of the application or – with your consent – for up to 12 months for other positions that may be of interest to you.
Please note that any retention period can be extended if legal and/or statutory retention obligations apply or if this is necessary in light of Govin’s legitimate interests (e.g. handling incidents and/or disputes).
8. What type of cookies do we use and what are they used for?
9. What are your privacy rights?
You may have certain rights over the processing of your personal data by Govin:
- the right to request whether Govin processes your personal data and if so, the right to access your personal data;
- the right to rectification of your personal data if these are incorrect or incomplete;
- the right to erase your personal data (right to be forgotten);
- the right to object to processing of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data; and
- the right to data portability.
If you wish to exercise your rights, you can contact us. Our contact details are included in the next section.
In order to prevent that Govin discloses information to the wrong person, Govin can ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In principle, Govin will inform you of whether Govin can comply with your request, within one month after receipt. In specific cases, for example when it concerns a complex request, this term may be extended by two months. Govin will inform you of such an extension within one month after receiving your request. On the basis of the applicable privacy legislation, Govin can refuse your request under certain circumstances. If this is the case, Govin will explain to you why.
Govin does not use automated decision-making within the meaning of Article 22 GDPR.
10. What are our contact details?
If you have any queries or complaints regarding the processing of personal data, we recommend you to contact us in writing via firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail:
Herengracht 280 (3rd floor)
1016 BX Amsterdam
In addition, you have at all times the right to submit a complaint about the processing of personal data at the relevant Data Protection Authority (in the Netherlands: Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).